What is an Anti Wrinkle Injections and how does it work?
Our facial expressions change because the muscles in the face contract or relax. Anti Wrinkle Injections are injected into a specific muscle it blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles in the face. This is not permanent but it will last for around 3 – 4 months.
After Anti Wrinkle injections, your skin around the area that has been treated will look smooth and less wrinkled. Anti Wrinkle Injections allow the untreated areas of your face to move as normal and you will still be able to laugh smile and frown, but with less wrinkling of the skin in the areas treated.
Treatment areas include:
- Frown Lines
- Forehead Lines
- Crows Feet
- Underneath the Lower Eyelid
- Upper lip (vertical lip lines)
- Chin (dimpling)
- Tip of the nose (droopy tip)
- Droopy Mouth Corners
- Platysmal Bands (neckbands)
- Double chin
- Face slimming
- Gummy Smile
Anti-wrinkle Quick Facts
- Anti-wrinkle injections help to relax certain wrinkle-causing muscles in the face to produce a younger and more refreshed appearance.
- We aim for natural-looking results, not frozen faces.
- By altering the dynamics of muscle activity, it is possible to improve the aesthetic appearance of the face. For example, downwards mouth corners can be turned upwards by balancing muscle dynamics with anti-wrinkle injections.
- Anti-wrinkle injections are relatively painless when performed using special techniques to distract the patient from the injection.
- The onset of action is from 4 to 7 days depending on the type of anti-wrinkle injection brand used.
- The longevity of anti-wrinkle injections is usually 3 to 4 months.
- The treatment has a proven safety record for over 25 year
- A consultation is required before your appointment.
Frequently Asked Anti Wrinkle Questions
What areas can be treated with Anti Wrinkle injections?
We can actually address other concerns as well as lines and wrinkles!
- Crows feet around the eyes
- Frown (Glabella) lines between the eyes
- Bunny lines (Scrunch lines) around the nose
- Brow lift
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) under the arms
- Smokers lines around the mouth
- Platysma bands on the neck
- Masseters (perfect for teeth grinders and also helps slim the face slightly)
- Face slimming and double chin
- Lip Lift
What is an Anti Wrinkle treatment and how does it work?
Anti Wrinkle treatments are simple, quick, and safe & usually take no longer than 30 minutes. You can resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure. Results show 7-14 days, although you may well notice it sooner. Results Last 3-4 Months.
You will have a consultation with our practitioner, where you will be able to discuss your expectations of the cosmetic effect of this treatment. A medical history will be taken & Photographs may also be taken as “before and after” images to show you how successful your Anti Wrinkle treatment has been.
Using a small needle (similar to ones diabetics use) tiny amount of botulinum toxin will be injected into points in the agreed area.
Possible side effects can be localized bruising.
It is important to note that if you have deep lines that are visible at rest, botox will soften these & improve the appearance but may not totally remove them.
You should not have Anti Wrinkle treatment if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have diseases that affect muscle activity (E.g. Myasthenia Gravis)
- You have a history of Bell’s palsy which may affect the dosage that is used.
- If you have any bleeding disorders or are taking drugs that affect bleeding time (Aspirin, Warfarin, Clopidogrel)
- If you are taking certain antibiotics such as Gentamycin, your practitioner may advise against treatment.
(We give you a full consultation 1st! The deposit comes off treatment fee)
All Prices include a FREE Top Up if required- 14 days post-treatment.
ONE AREA1, 2, or 3 areas – Frown lines, crows feet, bunny lines. For the forehead, this is classed as 2 areas (works best together)as you have Corrugator and Frontalis muscles.£140TWO AREAS£199THREE AREAS£250NECK LIFT, FACE SLIMMING, AND PLATYSMA BANDSBotox to tighten the lower jaw and neck area£325GUMMY SMILEPrevents excess gums from showing when you smile£140BOTOX FOR BRUXISM ‘JAW-CLENCH’ MASSETER MUSCLESReduce muscle size around the jaw to give a slimmer appearance & prevent teeth grinding. Stronger muscles will need a higher dose. A precise price will be given at consultation£250*TWO OR THREE AREAS BOTOX ANTI WRINKLE AND DERMAL FILLER PACKAGE*£350 /£400*Save £££s on individual price * Don’t miss this special package of 2 areas of anti-wrinkle injections and 1ml Perfectha Dermal Filler